THC PHOTOGRAPHY GRANT 2020
PLEASE USE LAPTOP/DESKTOP TO FILL THIS APPLICATION
Submission Ends: 15 Aug 2020
Finalist Announced: 19 Aug 2020 ON World Photography Day
Assignment by Mentors: 19 Aug 2020 to finalists
Winners Announced: 02 Oct 2020
- Received: We have received your Application.
- Under Review: Team is verifying the application.
- Rejected: Your application has been rejected if not filled all information properly.
- Verified: Moderators have verified that Application is in order
- Top Five: You are top Five
- Winner: Selected from Top five After verification
THC – The House of Camera Photographer Fellowship Grants for photographers and videographers up to $7,000 each. Recipients of the grants will be determined by a panel of distinguished guest judges on the basis of artistic excellence, accomplishment to date, and the promise of future achievement in its widest sense. We believe that each participant has potential and talent waiting to be discovered.
We strive to inspire participants to improve their photographic skills and develop their vision. Together, we create space to take creative initiatives and promote new trends in photography. International Photography Grant is a platform that allows you to gain experience and enter the world of professional photography. Artists have the opportunity to push their careers forward and are recognized by art galleries, curators, media, and cultural institutions from all over the world. The grant is intended to assist photographers who have started a project and need financial help to complete their work.
It is the global hunt for the best emerging photographers with all kinds of submissions.
- Open for all Photographers
- Open for all locations.
- You are a photographers (Not Mobile Photographer) with all geares available with you.
- No Age limit
- No Entry Fee
- Individual artists or a Team of artists can apply
- The grant is for future projects only
- Applicant must have not received any other fellowship/grant in the last twelve months
- Open for Videography & Photography projects
- Open for all Genres
Apply using our online application.
- We would not be able to accept any application via email or snail mail.
- All the incomplete applications shall be rejected.
- You would not get an option to make changes in the submitted applications.
- You can submit only one application.
- Please use only your legal name as per official records.
- Please do not apply on behalf of your company or brand name.
- No application will be accepted after the due date.
- Your work should not be more than twelve months old.
- All the work is captured by you.
- You must have all the rights of your work including model release if applicable.
- If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, in case required.
- Your work may be displayed in the Exhibition on World Photography Day.
- You can submit Maximum 20 Photos and Videos.
- You can submit only Video or Only Photos or a mix of both
- Must give a brief description of the work if you are submitting the story.
Size: Minimum 1000px on Longer Side
Size: Maximum No Restriction
Post Processing – Allowed
- Color Correction
- Removal of Dust
- Reasonable Adjustments to Exposure
- Conversion to Grayscale
Post Processing – NOT Allowed
- Watermarks Logo or Signature or Text
- Staging or Re-Enacting Events
- Deliberately arranging something in order to mislead the audience
- Painting in Object Details
- Photo Montage
Clarity of thought about the project will be evaluated during the jury process.
The written proposal comprises the following:
- Title: What is your project called
- USP: Why this project is unique
- Details: How you plan to shoot, what result you expect from this shoot.
- Scope: You should articulate their intentions and define the scope of the project in a detailed manner.
- The applicant should clearly mention the different stages of the proposed project.
- You must be capable of doing this project without hring other photographers and with your existing gears.
- Any rental to be approved by your mentor in the budget.
- The applicant should highlight their efforts and objectives towards realizing the project.
- This grant is to assist you Our aim is to assist The project must include a breakdown of all expenses.
- Your plan should not contain buying gear for you.
- Your plan should not contain renting long term vehicle or anything which you would not do otherwise.
- Your costing should have some references to make it as close as possible.
- There should not be any fee claim to you as a Phottographer (Not charging your fee)
- Please do not add Miscellaneous cost in your budget.
Copyrights & Uses Rights:
- Photographers shall retain all rights to all images and copyright of each image will remain at all times with the photographer.
- Organizer and Partners shall use images for marketing purposes.
- A collection of the images will be published as a Coffee Table Book, Calendar, Magazine, Press Releases etc.
THC will independently administer the grant and jury process.
THC has invited invite a five jury members, details are available on our Page.
The jury process will last several days. During the first few days, the jury will review all the applications and proposals, and shortlist finalists primarily on the basis of the substantive and intellectual merit of their project proposals. The jury will give an assignment to all finalist for final judging.
- Proposed Project
- Your Portfolio
- Participants will be asked to provide the following: RAW files (eg .CR2, .NEF, .ORF, .PEF, .RAF .ARW etc.), the original unedited image in JPEG format will be required for authentication. DNG files are only permitted if it is the native RAW format of the camera.
- Jury decision will be final and no communication will be entertained on this in any case.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change or replace the competition prizes and/or modify the rules and regulations of the competition as and when necessary, with/ without prior notice.
- By participating you agree with the terms and conditions.
- Winners will be awarded a grant up to total $7000 collectively
- There will be five winners
- If Jury does not find sufficient deserving participants, may curtail the number of winners.
- If top five are not found to be in compliance with terms and conditions, we will extend opportunity to next available participants.
- If required, we may re-open this grant to more participants if shortlisted participants are not approved by our jury.
- Guidance from the Mentors.
- Gear Support if Required must be a part of initial plan.
The participants agree and acknowledge that organizers (Including but not limited to Chiiz, THC or Brand Sponsors) shall not be held accountable for any claims or actions or liabilities arising out of or related in any way to the contest or the conduct of the contest or by your participation in the contest including, without limitation, any claim brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that The participant or they may sustain in any way associated with your participation in this contest. THC and Chiiz have rights to cancel this grant or remove any winner any time without any notice to winners.
Under no circumstance will organizers be held liable for any:
- Lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete submissions.
- Error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, submitted Photo(s);
- Problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing;
- Incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Photos and or the submissions.
- Personal injury or damage to any Contestant or to any computer related to, resulting from or in connection with the Contest.
Organizers reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or postpone the deadline of the Contest, If, for any reason, it determines, that the contest is not capable of being conducted as anticipated, due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of organizers, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest.
Organizers reserve its right at its sole discretion to as deemed appropriate, disqualify any Contestant, and/or select a Winners from all eligible Photos submitted prior to the termination, cancellation, modification or suspension.
The Contest and the Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Indian laws. Any aspects or disputes arising out of or in connection with the contest and/or your submission (s) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Delhi courts.